Abich has two facilities dedicated to tolerability and efficacy cosmetological studies on healthy volunteers for cosmetic products designed for direct contact with the skin, cutaneous annexes, and external mucosae. All tests are performed under the supervision of dermatologists, allergologists, and other medical specialists.
Customised study protocols are available to support claims.
Clinical tests for medical devices are performed in IRCCS centres (Institutes for Scientific Research and Health Care), in line with the UNI EN ISO 14155 standard.
Abich also provides medical and technical evaluation for the ethical clearance of studies performed by third parties as well as evaluation by an independent ethical committee.
Safety clinical testing offered by Abich:
- Patch testing: repeat insult patch test and on sensitive skins;
- HIRPT for allergenic risk assessment: Human Repeat Insult Patch Test;
- Tests to evaluate the tolerability of cosmetic products: dermatological, ophthalmological, and gynaecological testing;
- Tests on sun protection products: SPF and water resistance in line with the European Cosmetics/COLIPA 2006/ISO 24444:2010 standard, in line with the FDA vol 76 n° 117 of 17 June 2011, SPF UVA PPD in line with the ISO 24442 standard, long lasting SPF test, SPF test in line with the Australian AS/NZS 2604:2012 method;
- SPF: on wet skin, to test resistance to water, sand, and sweat, persistence evaluation;
- Photopatch testing.
Efficacy clinical testing offered by Abich:
- Skin moisturizing testing: at short, medium, and long-term;
- Usability testing to evaluate the efficacy of cosmetic products under medical supervision;
- Anti-wrinkle activity testing: through reflection skin mapping;
- Skin elasticity enhancement testing: firming/toning;
- Skin barrier activity evaluation: (TEWL – Trans Epithelial Water Loss), Arm Wash Test;
- Tests for the reduction of eye bags and dark circles: through volumetric analysis and reflection skin mapping paired with cutaneous colorimetry;
- Depigmentation, lightening, and illuminating activity testing;
- Pigmentation activity testing: tan accelerating;
- Anti-cellulite activity testing;
- Sebum normalization or regulation testing;
- Comedogenetic testing;
- Antiperspirant activity testing: 24H, 48H (FDA protocol), and deodorant (Sniff Test);
- Lenitive activity testing: with chemically-induced irritation or UV radiation;
- Long-lasting testing: on face, eyelash, and lip make-up;
- Volumizing activity testing: on eyelash and lip make-up;
- Trichological product efficacy testing: anti-dandruff and hair loss prevention activity, hair vitality, hair breakage resistance, dye duration.