The Environmental Hygiene and Impact chemical and microbiological analysis Department supports customers in the management of regulatory compliance by comparing current regulations with the parameters of waste water, drinking water, soils, industrial waste, emissions, thanks to the work of specialised chemists, biologists, and biotechnologists.
Our staff also collects indoor and outdoor samples on a daily basis.
Environmental hygiene analysis offered by Abich:
- Chemical and microbiological analysis of drinking water: under the Italian legislative decree 31/2001 and subsequent amendments and supplements;
- Chemical and microbiological analysis of waste water: under the Italian legislative decree 152/2006;
- Chemical and microbiological controls in private and public swimming pools: problem-solving consultancy;
- Analysis and characterisation of asbestos and airborne mineral fibres in industrial and residential environments;
- Analysis of underground water land and soil under the Italian legislative decree 152/2006;
- Analysis and classification of industrial waste: migration testing on inert, hazardous and non-hazardous waste in line with current regulations;
- Characterisation of the emissions to the atmosphere: under the Italian legislative decree 152/2006: Part V of “Environmental regulations”;
- Indoor and outdoor environmental sampling: under the Italian legislative decree 25/2002, the Italian legislative decree 81/2008 and subsequent amendments and supplements;
- Indoor and outdoor phonometry: measurement of environmental noise and evaluation of noise impact. Our operators are certified as Competent Engineers in Environmental Noise Measurement by the Italian Piedmont region;
- Measurement of workers’ exposure to potentially harmful vibrations: under the Italian legislative decree 81/2008;
- Measurement of workers’ exposure to potentially harmful noise: under the Italian legislative decree 81/2008;
- Assessment of ecotoxicity in waste water and solid waste with Daphnia Magna: in line with the APAT CNR IRSA and UNI EN ISO standards;
- Corrosion and skin irritation testing: in-vitro on wastes with reconstructed epidermis, in line with OECD 431 and OECD 439;
- Environmental evaluation of airborne microorganisms: through sampling with SAS SUPER IAQ “Surface Air System” instruments;
- Environmental evaluation of microbial contamination: on surfaces production plants, machinery, and laboratories;
- Identification and quantification of Legionella: in line with the UNI EN ISO 11731-2 standard.