The chemical and quality control laboratory at Abich performs tests on raw materials, cosmetic products, medical devices, materials in contact with food, toys, and other consumer products, in line with the Italian, European, and non-EEC countries regulations.
Abich develops tailored research protocols performing interdisciplinary tests like, for example, percutaneous absorption studies in line with the OECD guidelines or stability studies of cosmetic products, medical devices, or pharmaceuticals in line with ICH regulations.
The modern instruments allow to meet customers’ needs thanks to a wide range of validated tests.
Chemical analysis offered by Abich:
- Instrumental analysis: with HPLC and UHPLC with UV, DAD, RID, FLD detectors;
- Instrumental analysis: with GC-FID, GC-ECD, GC-MS, ICP-OES, FTIR-UATR, UV-VIS, GFAAS;
- Title of active principles;
- Title of preservatives: (UE regulation n. 1223/2009, annex V);
- Analysis of multi-residual impurities: in finished products and raw materials, organic contaminants such as phthalates, pesticides, nitrosamines, and substances listed in Annex II of the EC Regulation n. 1223/2009;
- Ultratrace analysis: to support the claim “Paraben-Free”, identification of residual preservatives in production lines, “cleaning validation”, and finished cosmetic products;
- Identification of allergens: in finished products or raw materials of natural origin;
- Identification of aromatic amines: deriving from azo dyes;
- Analysis of inorganic contaminants: in finished products and raw materials, toxic (Hg, Pb, Sb) and allergenic (Ni, Co, Cr, Cd) metals;
- Migration testing: in artificial sweat and/or saliva, to identify sensitizing metals in anhydrous cosmetic products;
- Stability testing and accelerated stability testing: performed in climatic chambers, in line with the conditions prescribed by ICH and PCPC guidelines for chemical, chemico-physical and microbiological analysis;
- Dropping point testing: for lipsticks and waxes according to the European Pharmacopoeia method;
- Validation of analytical methods: in line with the ICH guidelines for medical devices and products for the European and North American market;
- Packaging compatibility testing: with products undergoing accelerated stability analysis, migration testing, leak testing, and analysis of the composition of plastic materials;
- Photostability testing on products with sunscreen: with SUN TEST CPS, title of sunscreens in UV and UHPLC/HPLC before and after irradiation;
- Chemical Analysis: on toys in line with the UNI EN 71 standard;
- Migration testing in artificial sweat: to evaluate the release of nickel and other sensitizing metals in products intended to come into direct and prolonged contact with the skin, in line with the UNI EN 1811 standard;
- Screening of plant extracts: development of an extraction method for scale-up of the manufacturing process;
- Safety and toxicity evaluation of e-cigarette: on finished products and raw materials components, flavourings, fragrances, while in use and not in use;
- Suitability of the materials in contact with food: under the Italian Ministerial Decree 21/03/73, the EC Regulation 1935/2004, and their subsequent amendments and supplements;
- Dynamometric measurement: of the adhesiveness of cosmetic depilatory waxes, depilatory strips, and depilatory plasters.