Abich has two facilities dedicated to tolerability and efficacy cosmetological studies on healthy volunteers for cosmetic products designed for direct contact with the skin, cutaneous annexes, and external mucosae.
Abich laboratories perform tests under the supervision of medical specialists: Allergologists and Immunology specialists, Dermatologists, Venereal diseases specialists, Ophthalmologists, Gynecologists, Pediatricians and Odontologists, in order to support claims such as “Dermatologically tested”, “Ophthalmologically tested”, etc. Furthermore, Abich clinical testing is also supported by an osteopathy specialist that supervises studies on medical devices designed to improve posture, silhouette, muscular tone and body balance.
Clinical tests for medical devices are performed in IRCCS centres (Institutes for Scientific Research and Health Care), in line with the UNI EN ISO 14155 standard.
Abich also provides medical and technical evaluation for the ethical clearance of studies performed by third parties as well as evaluation by an independent ethical committee.
Safety clinical testing offered by Abich:
- Patch test, Repeated Insult Patch test, Patch test on sensitive skin, for cosmetics and similar products
- HIRPT for allergenic risk assessment: Human Repeat Insult Patch Test.
- Tests to evaluate the tolerability of cosmetic products: dermatological, ophthalmological, and gynaecological testing.
- Sun product tests: SPF and Water Resistant ( ISO 24444: 2019 Amd 1.2022, ISO 16217/18861:2020 FDA vol 76 n° 117 of 17 June 2011) SPF UVA PPD according to ISO 24442: 2022, test for SPF long lasting, test for SPF according to Australian method AS/NZS 2604: 2021.
- SPF: on wet skin, to test resistance to water, sand, and sweat, persistence evaluation.
- Photopatch testing.
- Evaluation of the antimicrobial efficacy of chemical disinfectants and antiseptics according to UNI EN 14885 in medical, domestic, istitutional and veterinary field
- Usability tests for medical devices
Efficacy clinical testing offered by Abich:
- Skin moisturizing testing: at short, medium, and long-term.
- Usability testing to evaluate the efficacy of cosmetic products under medical supervision.
- Anti-wrinkle activity testing: through reflection skin mapping.
- Skin elasticity enhancement testing: firming/toning.
- Skin barrier activity evaluation: (TEWL – Trans Epithelial Water Loss), Arm Wash Test.
- Tests for the reduction of eye bags and dark circles: through volumetric analysis and reflection skin mapping paired with cutaneous colorimetry.
- Depigmentation, lightening, and illuminating activity testing.
- Pigmentation activity testing: tan accelerating.
- Anti-cellulite activity testing.
- Sebum normalization or regulation testing.
- Comedogenetic testing.
- Antiperspirant activity testing: 24H, 48H (FDA protocol), and deodorant (Sniff Test).
- Lenitive activity testing: with chemically-induced irritation or UV radiation.
- Long-lasting testing: on face, eyelash, and lip make-up.
- Volumizing activity testing: on eyelash and lip make-up.
- Trichological product efficacy testing: anti-dandruff and hair loss prevention activity, hair vitality, hair breakage resistance, dye duration.
- Tests for short and log-term skin moisturization through corneometry and/or TEWL measures
- In-use test on selected human volunteers panels for the evaluation of the efficacy of cosmetic products under medical supervision (dermatologist, allergologist, gynaecologist, ophtalmologist, , dentist etc.).
- Sensorial analysis and administration of questionnaires to selected panels of healthy volunteers
- Anti-wrinkles test through quantitative analysis of profilometry and skin imaging with 3D blue laser scanner (DERMA TOP-Blue) or with 3D imaging (ANTERA).
- Anti -cellulitis activity test through Antera or Derma TOP-blue
- Efficacy studies for supplements for healthy skin, mucosae and cutaneous annexes.
- Post-marketing clinical studies on medical devices according to UNI EN ISO 14155.
- Medical and technical assessments of ethical clearance also for external studies.
- Assessment by an indipendent Ethical commette.
- Patients recruitment for clinical investigations of medical devices and IVD.
- Pediatric expertises for cosmetic products intended for childrens and babies use.
- Test of efficacy of cosmetic products for dogs under veterinary control.